Kay Demonbren's Note:
This recipe came from meals.com. Using the pre-made dough makes these much quicker, and they are so yummy. I frequently "customize" the ingredients, but am posting the original recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2Spray baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- 3Brown the meat, drain and transfer to mixing bowl.
- 4Add marinara and Italian seasoning; mix together well.
- 5Add salt and pepper.
- 6Make 4 circles from the dough, approx.
- 78 inches in diameter.
- 8Place circles on baking sheet and spoon 1/4 of the meat mixture onto each circle, being careful not to place too close to the edge (it won't seal and your fillings will leak out).
- 9Top each circle with 1/4 of the cheese.
- 10Fold over one edge and press down to seal, using your finger or an oiled wooden spoon handle.
- 11Brush top of calzone with a mixture of beaten egg and water.
- 12Bake for 15 minutes, or until crust is golden.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meaty Calzones
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.9
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 127.7 mg
- Sodium 658.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 24.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
prepared pizza crust