Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe came from meals.com. Using the pre-made dough makes these much quicker, and they are so yummy. I frequently "customize" the ingredients, but am posting the original recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spray baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Brown the meat, drain and transfer to mixing bowl.
- Add marinara and Italian seasoning; mix together well.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Make 4 circles from the dough, approx.
- 8 inches in diameter.
- Place circles on baking sheet and spoon 1/4 of the meat mixture onto each circle, being careful not to place too close to the edge (it won't seal and your fillings will leak out).
- Top each circle with 1/4 of the cheese.
- Fold over one edge and press down to seal, using your finger or an oiled wooden spoon handle.
- Brush top of calzone with a mixture of beaten egg and water.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until crust is golden.