Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
April Fools! Don't tell DBF but this is what he is getting for dinner on April 1st!! Great way to have fun with anyone and it really is edible. Have fun! (Serve with my "green beans".
- 6 cups COCOA KRISPIES® cereal (cocoa crispy rice cereal)
- 2 rolls red fruit leather
- 2 rolls green fruit leather
- 1⁄2 cup dried pineapple
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream or 2 cups yogurt
- 1 cup butterscotch topping or 1 cup caramel topping
- Coat a bread pan 5 by 9 inches with cooking spray and set it aside.
- In a food processor, briefly pulse 6 cups of cocoa-flavored crisp rice cereal.
- Tear or cut 2 rolls each of red and green fruit leather into small pieces.
- Chop 1/2 cup of dried pineapple into small chunks.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder and stir until mixed.
- Add a 10-ounce package of regular-size marshmallows and stir until they're completely melted.
- Add the cereal, fruit leather, and pineapple pieces to the marshmallow mixture.
- Stir quickly with a rubber spatula coated with cooking spray until well mixed.
- If the mixture gets too sticky to stir, place it in a large bowl, coat your hands with butter, and mix it with your hands.
- Press the mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
- Let the loaf cool (about 30 minutes), then remove it from the pan, slice with a serrated knife, and set a serving of 2 slices on each plate.
- Next to that scoop about a 1/2 cup of ice cream in a mound to look like mashed potatoes.
- Top it all with a drizzle of caramel sauce for gravy.
- Serve immediately.