April Fools! Don't tell DBF but this is what he is getting for dinner on April 1st!! Great way to have fun with anyone and it really is edible. Have fun! (Serve with my "green beans".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups COCOA KRISPIES® cereal (cocoa crispy rice cereal)
- 2 rolls red fruit leather
- 2 rolls green fruit leather
- 1/2 cup dried pineapple
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream or 2 cups yogurt
- 1 cup butterscotch topping or 1 cup caramel topping
- 1Coat a bread pan 5 by 9 inches with cooking spray and set it aside.
- 2In a food processor, briefly pulse 6 cups of cocoa-flavored crisp rice cereal.
- 3Tear or cut 2 rolls each of red and green fruit leather into small pieces.
- 4Chop 1/2 cup of dried pineapple into small chunks.
- 5Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
- 6Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder and stir until mixed.
- 7Add a 10-ounce package of regular-size marshmallows and stir until they're completely melted.
- 8Add the cereal, fruit leather, and pineapple pieces to the marshmallow mixture.
- 9Stir quickly with a rubber spatula coated with cooking spray until well mixed.
- 10If the mixture gets too sticky to stir, place it in a large bowl, coat your hands with butter, and mix it with your hands.
- 11Press the mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
- 12Let the loaf cool (about 30 minutes), then remove it from the pan, slice with a serrated knife, and set a serving of 2 slices on each plate.
- 13Next to that scoop about a 1/2 cup of ice cream in a mound to look like mashed potatoes.
- 14Top it all with a drizzle of caramel sauce for gravy.
- 15Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for " Meatloaf Mashed Potatoes and Gravy "
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 948.1
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 47.7 mg
- Sodium 902.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 201.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 87.8 g
- Protein 8.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: