Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this stew. I'm posting this for safe keeping. I found this recipe in Taste Of Home Quick Cooking 2005. This has few ingredients and little preparation. The following spices may be substituted for the creole seasoning - 1/2 teaspoon each paprika and garlic powder and a pinch each cayenne pepper, dried thyme and ground cumin.
Top Review by SJSK2003
This was a hit in my kitchen as well! I've also put a spin on it for my husband who isn't a fan of mushroom anythings. I substitute chicken for the meatballs, and cream of chicken for the cream of mushroom. Either way there are never many left-overs.
- 16 ounces california-blend frozen vegetables, thawed
- 14 ounces frozen cooked italian meatballs, thawed
- 2 cups uncooked dried cheese tortellini
- 20 ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted (2-10-3/4oz cans)
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3-quart slow cooker, combine the vegetables, meatballs and tortellini.
- In a large bowl, whisk the soup, water and creole seasoning. Pour over vegetable-meatball mixture; stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until tortellini and vegetables are tender.