Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe on kraftfoods which is one of my husband's favorite!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup of chicken prepared stuffing
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 4 unsplit hoagie rolls (white or wheat)
- 1⁄2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Stir water with stuffing and let sit for five minutes.
- Mix ground beef, stuffing, egg, and parmesan cheese till well blended together.
- Shape into approximately 12 meatballs (2").
- Place in baking dish and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cut top of each roll and remove some of the breading inside to make a cavity for the meatballs to sit into.
- Top with spaghetti sauce (approximately 3 tbsp) and sprinkle mozzarella on evenly as desired.
- Broil in oven until cheese melted. ENJOY!
These are nice meatball sandwiches and easy to make. For us, the meatballs could have used more flavor as the spaghetti sauce overwhelmed them. Next time I would use the traditional spaghetti sauce and not one flavored with a lot of spices or garlic. Quick to make and not a lot of clean up! Made and reviewed for PAC 2008.