Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I came up with this one while getting ready for camping - what to make on a camp stove or fire that two picky kids would eat? They loved them!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄3 cup spaghetti sauce
- 4 cubes mozzarella cheese (1-inch)
- aluminum foil, for wrapping
- Mix all ingredients EXCEPT mozz with hands in large bowl.
- Shape into 4 patties, molding around one cube of mozz.
- Wrap individually in aluminum foil, sealing tightly. Wrap a second time in aluminum.
- Grill over medium flame or directly on hot coals on a camp fire, turning periodically, 15-20 minutes. Could also go in a 375 oven for the same amount of time.
- Can be prepared ahead and frozen uncooked. For our camping trip they doubled as ice for the first day. For camping, serve with packaged alfredo noodles & sauce!