Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
I was looking through some of the recipes that I had clipped and saved out of different magazines. I came across this one and thought it sounded pretty good, so I decided to put it here for safe keeping. The prep time includes cooking of the noodles. Submitted to "Zaar" on June 29th, 2006. I had originally Submitted this to "Zaar" on the above date and now I'm going to make it public on January 6th, 2007.
Top Review by kclay61
Thanks for this recipe. I am always looking for quick, easy, Italian recipes. Next time I will add more sauce as we like our stuff extra saucy. Great flavor, easy to put together, great tasting the next day too. Thank you!
- 1 (12 ounce) package bow tie pasta (or your choice)
- 1 (26 1/2 ounce) can pasta sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen meatballs, thawed and cut in half
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Spray 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta to desired tenderness; drain, return to pan and add half of sauce.
- Spoon half of this into prepared dish.
- Combine egg, ricotta cheese, and 1/2 of Parmesan cheese; spread evenly over pasta.
- Top with meatballs and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Top with remaining pasta, spreading evenly.
- Pour remaining sauce over pasta, spreading evenly.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil, and bake for 1 hour or until bubbly.
- Uncover and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese melts.