Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2⁄3 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup, divided
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine potatoes, onion, eggs, bread crumbs, 1/3 cup of the ketchup, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Add ground beef; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- On rack set over broiler pan, shape beef mixture in to 8 x 4-inch loaf.
- Spread remaining 1/3 cup ketchup over top of loaf.
- Bake 1 1/4 hours or until center is no longer pink and of medium (160ºF) doneness.
- Let stand 5 minutes; cut into slices.
Great idea for a meatloaf!!This was quick,easy and a crowd pleaser all rolled into one.I added some worshtershire sauce,B-B-Q sauce and a drop of teryaki glaze to the ketchup and it gave it an extra kick!!I would recomend this to all those busy,tired,stressed out,overworked cooks out there!A winner Dancer^!!Thanks for sharing!!
I agree. A great idea for meatloaf and was simply amazed at well it turned out. Thanks so much.