Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
The best thing about this recipe is its versatility. You're using jarred sauce as a base, which means you can use whatever type of sauce you want. You can play with this recipe until your heart's content! Whether it's the base sauce or the meat, you can customize it to your taste! I've even started experimenting with adding sliced sausage. Pretty good! Hope you have as much fun!!!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms
- 1 (15 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb sausage
- 1 (32 ounce) jar pasta sauce (any)
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 2⁄3 cup red wine
- 1 (16 ounce) box spaghetti or 1 (16 ounce) box linguine
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- When butter melts, add minced garlic and saute for approximately 20 seconds.
- Add fresh mushrooms and saute for approximately 3 minutes.
- Add ground beef and sausage and saute until brown, then drain.
- Add jar sauce, can of mushrooms, Italian seasoning, and red wine. Stir to combine, cover pan, reduce heat to low, and simmer for approximately 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles in a pot of boiling, salted water until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and then toss the pasta with the sauce. Serve immediately.