Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I adopted this recipe after its original poster, Mean Chef (IHHDRO), departed the site. Mean posted it on Jun 10, 2002.
- 946.36 ml all-purpose flour
- 473.18 ml brown sugar
- 473.18 ml rolled oats
- 177.44 ml walnuts, ground
- 314.66 ml coconut
- 3.69 ml salt
- 382.71 g butter
- 793.78 g raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter and cool.
- Combine all dry ingredients in mixer with paddle.
- Add melted butter until well combined.
- Press half of the mixture in a half sheet pan and roll to firm.
- Spread with jam to within 1/2-inch of edges.
- Spread remaining mixture evenly on top and press down lightly.
- Bake until golden brown.
Fabulous! I made some with raspberry and some with dates and nuts. They were both awesome and enjoyed by my family at a cookout we had together. I will make these for the holidays to be enjoyed again!
I made a full recipe in a 10x15 cookie sheet, and that turned out to be a great dimension, yielding 35 2x2 bars and 5 1x2 end trimmings. I baked them 25 minutes. I followed suggestions to reduce the jam to 20 oz, and that is a mistake -- it's spread too thin. Go with at least the full 28.
These were really good bars! I made as directed and used another reviewers advice using a 10x15 cookie sheet which worked out perfectly. I made sure to roll the bottom crust in good using a rolling pin so they came out nice and held together. I may have used a little less jam than called for; using one 18oz jar and about 1/3 of another. They took about 25min to brown in my oven. Thanks for a real keeper recipe! :)