Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my copy cat version of McDonald's Vanilla Iced Coffee. It does taste close to Mc Donald's Vanilla Iced Coffee. I did a taste test between theirs and mine, and was surprised how both taste quite similar. Others have told me this as well.
- 6 1⁄3 cups cold water
- 6 tablespoons ground coffee
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- ice cube
- Add coffee grounds inside filter/basket, and adjust basket to fit coffee maker.
- Pour cold water into coffee maker.
- Start brewing the coffee.
- After coffee's done brewing, turn off coffee maker, and set pot aside for coffee to cool somewhat.
- Combine brewed coffee and sweetened condensed milk into a large pitcher.
- Stir thoroughly until coffee and condensed milk is blended together.
- Stir in the vanilla extract. Refrigerate until coffee is chilled.
- Onced chilled; pour in glasses filled with ice cubes.
- This makes (58 oz.) of vanilla iced coffee, about 5-(12 oz.) servings each.
- Note: Preptime and cook time may vary. Depending on your coffee maker, cook time may take less than time stated, or perhaps a few minutes more.
No tweaking here! It tastes like the real deal to me. I no longer have to go to Micky Dees to purchase there's. Now I can enjoy it anytime by making it myself, and save a few bucks. Delicious coffee, and thanks for posting this recipe. I look forward to making it again.
While this is indeed a recipe for iced coffee, it's not anything like McDonald's recipe. As a former employee, I can assure you there is no sweetened condensed milk. It's made with double strength coffee, vanilla flavored syrup, and half and half. That's it.