Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
As a lover of blue cheese (and shortbread, for that matter) this looked like an easy and different option for an appetizer. Let me know what you think. Adapted from Ramekins.com the Sonoma Valley Culinary School. Preparation times does not include chilling time.
- 12 ounces maytag blue cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 lb butter, at room temperature
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons pepper
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts, chopped finely (optional)
- Beat the blue cheese and butter until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, pepper and salt and walnuts. Add to the blue cheese and butter mixture.
- Roll into two logs and chill until firm. Cut in 1/8 inch thick slices. Place on a cookie sheet or sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.