Recipe by RZ1234
This series of donut recipes is from the Maxim Donut Bites manual. Traditional and cake like, this is a basic donut recipe you can vary by adding different flavors and toppings.
Top Review by SnuggieRattie
The donuts taste rather plain. I tried adding vanilla, extra sugar, extra cinnamon.. nothing really seemed to make them have that "pop" donut taste. I tried to sprinkle the donuts in sugar as well. The machine is fun to use, and would be good for the right recipie... also, this donut machine gets toooo hot for children to use. I burned myself taking a donut out, on the donut! Also only let stay in the machine for 1 min 15 seconds.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon shortening or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup eggs or 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- Preheat Donut Bites machine for 5 minutes.
- While it is preheating, mix all dry ingredients together. Add and mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients.
- Mix until smooth.
- Lightly oil the surface of the Donut Bites machine.
- Fill each donut hole with a heaping tablespoon of batter.
- Close and lock unit into place.
- Bake for 3 - 3 1/2 minutes or until donuts are browned.
- Remove donuts from machine and repeat with remaining batter.
- For chocolate flavored donuts: add 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder and adjust sugar to taste.