Prep 3 mins
Cook 2 mins
Received in an email from gourmet-recipes-from-around-the-world. TY Myrtle! Plan to use it in a Chicken Massale recipe - will make the whole house smell just the best!
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon cardamom pod
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1⁄2 cinnamon stick, broken into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Roast the whole spices in a dry skillet over.
- moderate heat until lightly browned. Cool and mix with the cayenne and nutmeg.
- Grind to a fine powder and store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to.
- 3 months.
- Makes about 1/3 cup.