Recipe by Mia in Germany
This is a popular condiment in Portugal to accompany meat, poultry, fish, specifically grilled. It keeps for about 2 weeks in an airtight jar in the fridge. Preparation time does not include 24 hours marinating time. Cooking time is a guess - depends on your oven grill. You can also grill the garlic, too.
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and quarter bell peppers.
- Combine with salt and let stand for 24 hours at room temperature.
- Preheat oven grill, thoroughly wash salted peppers, pat dry.
- Place on baking tray, skin up, under the grill and bake until skin gets black.
- Let cool a bit, then remove skin.
- Puree with garlic and olive oil in a blender or food processor.
- Store in airtight jar in the fridge for up to two weeks.