Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe on a site with a collection of South Beach Diet Recipes. It is very simple and flavorful
- 1 lb zucchini (use any combination of yellow, green, or whatever you can find)
- 2 tablespoons powdered nonfat dry creamer
- 1⁄2 tablespoon light butter
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs
- Cut the zucchinis in 1-inch chunks, put them in a pot, cover with water and boil over medium heat.
- Once the zucchinis are very tender (around 15 min), drain them and put them back in the pot. Return the pot to the heat and start mashing them (you can do that with a fork or a potato masher), some water will get out of them, boil them for few minutes until the water evaporates.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir.
- You can be creative and add other flavorings such as garlic or other spices.