Recipe by les orchard
Found at http://www.10500bc.org/archive/006335.php#006335 Who, in turn, found it via Gourmet November 2003
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces (2 large)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover sweet potatoes with water in a 2-quart heavy saucepan and add salt.
- Cook, covered, over moderately high heat until tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Reserve 1/4 cup cooking liquid, then drain sweet potatoes in a colander.
- Transfer sweet potatoes and reserved cooking liquid to a bowl and mash with a potato masher.
- Mash together butter, sage, and salt and pepper to taste, then stir half of sage butter into sweet potatoes.
- Serve potatoes topped with remaining sage butter.