Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This was actually from a baby food book called Baby Let's Eat. Most of the recipes are good for the whole family (esp. after baby gets old enough for table food).
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 medium ripe peaches, peeled, pitted and cut into wedges
- Bring 1 inch water in a medium saucepan to a boil.
- Place the potatoes in a steaming basket and set the basket in the pan.
- Lower the heat, cover the pan, and steam for 6 minutes.
- Add the peaches to the basket, cover again, and steam until the potatoes are tender, 4 minutes longer.
- Transfer the potatoes andd peaches to a blender or food processor.
- Process to the desired consistency, adding water, 1 tsp at a time, if needed.
~Tasty~ loved this and gave it two baby thumbs. Her parents loved it, too! I used local white peaches instead. Thanks! cg ;)
Always looking for healthy variations of pureed food for baby. This was quite nice.