Mashed Sweet Potatoes With Autumn Spices
- Preheat oven to 350° with oven rack 8 inches from heat.
- Pierce potatoes several times with a fork; place potatoes on oven rack, and place a piece of foil on the rack below to catch drips.
- Bake potatoes 40 minutes or until tender.
- Cool slightly (about 10 minutes).
- Peel potatoes, and press through a ricer or mash with a potato masher until smooth (do not use a mixer or food processor).
- Stir in preserves and next 9 ingredients until well blended.
- Spoon sweet potato mixture into a lightly greased 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until hot; garnish with crumbled gingersnaps.