Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Just a recipe I found years ago. My family loves it at Thanksgiving. Bake it in a casserole dish that goes from oven to table. Also I use leftover sweet potatoes or use fresh mashed sweet potatoes.
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup hot milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- To mashed sweet potatoes stir in salt, butter, allspice, and orange rind.
- Beat egg yolks and add to potato mixture.
- Beat egg whites till stiff and fold into potato mixture.
- Put in baking dish and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.