Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this low calorie low fat recipe on one of those food network channels, It was great! Here the Nutrition Information: Calories: 126 Total Fat: 1.5 grams Saturated Fat: 1 gram Carbohydrates: 28 grams Fiber: 3 grams
- 3 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 large bananas, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and roast until tender, about 1 hour.
- Remove from heat and let cool until cool enough to handle.
- (Keep oven at 350 degrees F).
- Peel and mash sweet potatoes in a bowl until smooth.
- Stir in the butter, stock, salt, pepper, and cinnamon.
- Transfer to a casserole dish.
- Cover the surface of the potatoes with the banana slices by laying them on top, slightly overlapping in concentric circles.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the top is browned.
Thought this was terrific, TRUE! Was the bananas that drew me to recipe too! GREAT for entertaining, every did enjoy, All I can say ... is...OH BOY! Thanks for the recipe! A keeper!
Very good flavor. I had also watched the same episode of Calorie Commando and just had to give this unusal sounding recipe a try. The sweet potatoes are rich, delicious, and smooth. Clear, accurate instructions. The unusual banana topping was what had initially drawn me to the recipe, but they turned out to be the only thing I didn't enjoy as much in this recipe. I think I might have liked it better with the bananas mashed up with the sweet potatoes instead, or leave them out altogether next time.