Recipe by Johnney
I got this low calorie low fat recipe on one of those food network channels, It was great! Here the Nutrition Information: Calories: 126 Total Fat: 1.5 grams Saturated Fat: 1 gram Carbohydrates: 28 grams Fiber: 3 grams
Top Review by mickeydownunder
Thought this was terrific, TRUE! Was the bananas that drew me to recipe too! GREAT for entertaining, every did enjoy, All I can say ... is...OH BOY! Thanks for the recipe! A keeper!
- 3 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 large bananas, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and roast until tender, about 1 hour.
- Remove from heat and let cool until cool enough to handle.
- (Keep oven at 350 degrees F).
- Peel and mash sweet potatoes in a bowl until smooth.
- Stir in the butter, stock, salt, pepper, and cinnamon.
- Transfer to a casserole dish.
- Cover the surface of the potatoes with the banana slices by laying them on top, slightly overlapping in concentric circles.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the top is browned.