Prep 48 hrs
Cook 15 mins
In mango season we used to make this quick ready masala mango. It's a good appetizer and increases the taste of food. It's kind of a pickle.
- 250 g raw mangoes
- 15 g fennel seeds
- 25 g salt
- 10 g fenugreek seeds
- 25 g whole dried red chilies
- 10 g turmeric powder
- 10 g nigella seeds (kalonji)
- 10 g mustard seeds
- 5 g coriander seeds
- 5 g fenugreek seeds
- Wash raw mangoes.cut them into pieces.
- Marinate with 10g salt and 10g turmeric powder.
- Keep in the sun for two days.
- Roast fenugreek seeds.
- Coarsely grind chilies, fennel, nigella (kalonji), fenugreek seeds and mustard seeds .
- Heat 4 tblsp mustard oil in a thick bottomed pan till smoke comes out.
- Now, add all dry coarsely groun masala (spices).
- Stir for a while on low flame .
- Add sun dry raw mangoes pieces; mix well till mango pieces get little soft.
- Take it off the flame and let it cool.
- Fill into a sterilized jar.
- If needed, pour more warmed and cooled mustard oil so that it covers the mango pieces completely.
- In two days it will ready to eat and lasts longer.