Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
You can either bake this almondy and rich sweet as cupcakes or an entire cake.
Make and share this Marzipan (Cup)cake(S) With Lemonglaze recipe from Food.com.
- 200 g marzipan
- 75 g flour
- 125 g butter (or half canola-oil)
- 50 g ground almonds
- 4 eggs
- 75 g dark brown sugar (or brown or white)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or a half vanilla bean)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven at 180°C.
- Mix dark brown sugar and butter (or oil-butter mixture) until creamy.
- Add eggs and mix until very fluffy.
- Cube Marzipan and soften in microwave (about 20-30 sec. at 700 Watt). You don't need to do this, but the handling is way easier.
- Incorporate marzipan, cinnamon, pinch of salt and vanilla extract into egg-butter-sugar mixture.
- Add ground almonds.
- Mix baking powder with flour and add to dough. Mix thoroughly.
- Butter a cake pan or cupcake tin and transfer dough to it.
- Bake at 180°C for about 45 minutes (cake) or 20 minutes (cupcakes).
- Let cupcakes cool for 10 minutes.
- Mix lemon juice and icing sugar until a thick paste forms. Glaze cooled cupcakes as you like.
Nice and moist. Not a very sweet cupcake. They also didn't taste super almondy to me. Next time I might sub in almond extract for the vanilla. I wasn't crazy about the ground almonds and the texture they added, but that's just me. Overall a nice treat. I did really like the lemonglaze and thought it turned out better than other glazes I've made. They are very pretty. I can't find my camera, or I would post a pic. I think they would be nice at a shower or at a fancy luncheon or tea. Made for PAC Spring 2013. Update: Found my camera and was able to snap a pic before the cupcakes disappeared. Yeah! I must also add that this really is a VERY moist cupcake.