BS in Tampa's Note:
If you are a north easterner and live in the south, then you know the frustration with boiled seafood vs. steamed. Well this recipe gets you back to Richmond, Baltimore, Philly, NY or Boston... Use 20 qt Stock Pot... Using cheap beer actually adds to the taste of the crab. The bitterness of the beer will counterbalance the sweetness of the crab and will be lit up with the spices in the Old Bay. So don't use expensive beer, your run of the mill standard domestic will do.. Enjoy!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a large Stock Pot (20 qts minimum), place a steamer grate/strainer in the bottom of the pot.
- 2Pour beer to cover at least the bottom of the grate/strainer.
- 3Bring the beer to a boil and place Crab Legs with tips up around the pot.
- 4Sprinkle the Old Bay Seasoning on and around the Crab Legs.
- 5Place the corn in the middle of the legs.
- 6Steam for 10 to 15 mins (until legs turn red), the corn may need an additional 10 minutes.
- 7Serve with or without butter.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maryland Style Snow Crab Legs
Serving Size: 1 (809 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 831.5
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 332.6 mg
- Sodium 3274.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 118.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning