Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This IS the chicken recipe of all chicken recipes. I don't know what makes this recipe so different but it just is so good. My cousin shared this with me years ago and I wanted to post this before it got lost in the shuffle. Might have come from Vincent Price's cookbook.
- Mix up the breading ingredients (bread, cheese, garlic salt) and you can put that in the refrigerator and in the meantime, beat up 2 eggs with 1/3 cup milk.
- Place chicken breasts in the egg and milk mixture and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Put breading on wax paper and bread the breasts.
- Fry in skillet on medium heat 5 minutes per side til golden brown.
- Throw in skillet some carrots, celery, parsley.
- Dump in 1 cup chicken broth, not covering breasts completely (so the top of the breasts stay breaded and golden brown; you don't want to rinse off the breading with this broth).
- Simmer breasts for an hour til tender and serve the cooked carrots and celery with breasts.