1 hr 20 mins
This IS the chicken recipe of all chicken recipes. I don't know what makes this recipe so different but it just is so good. My cousin shared this with me years ago and I wanted to post this before it got lost in the shuffle. Might have come from Vincent Price's cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix up the breading ingredients (bread, cheese, garlic salt) and you can put that in the refrigerator and in the meantime, beat up 2 eggs with 1/3 cup milk.
- 2Place chicken breasts in the egg and milk mixture and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 3Put breading on wax paper and bread the breasts.
- 4Fry in skillet on medium heat 5 minutes per side til golden brown.
- 5Throw in skillet some carrots, celery, parsley.
- 6Dump in 1 cup chicken broth, not covering breasts completely (so the top of the breasts stay breaded and golden brown; you don't want to rinse off the breading with this broth).
- 7Simmer breasts for an hour til tender and serve the cooked carrots and celery with breasts.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mary Jane's Great Chicken Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.7
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 134.2 mg
- Sodium 231.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 24.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: