Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
An appetizer, a salad or a light lunch? You decide... Artificial crab (surimi) is very well suited to this recipe, because of it's texture and color. A martini glass really shows off the variety of colors in this almost crab salad. Cheers!
- 1 1⁄3 cups finely grated carrots
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 large tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 1 lb imitation crabmeat, chopped in bite-sized chunks (about 3 cups)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon water
- Mix the mayonnaises, curry powder, cayenne powder, ginger powder, lemon juice and water until completely blended and smooth.
- Mix the carrots, green onions, tomato and crab until well blended.
- Mix the dressing with the crab mixture until well combined.
- Spoon into martini glasses and chill for 20 minutes.
Excellent appetizer, very tasty and satisfying, the spices were pleasing to my taste.
We love this recipe!! The ingredients sound strange, but when you are eating it you can't tell what it is. It all just blends together so well. This would make a great salad, too. Just serve on a bed of lettuce.
The best use of immitation crabmeat I've come across in a salad. The instructions were well written and easy to follow. I left it in the fridge for a couple of hours which allowed the spices to come together in the mayo. We really enjoyed this, it has a nice little zing to it and was not overpowered by the mayo. Good combination, carrot, green onions and tomato, complimented the imitation crabmeat. And it looked great in a wine glass, don't have any martini glasses, nice presentation, looks impressive. Will be making it again soon, have already had requests for repeats.