Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Ok -- I watch the soap opera Passions. If you let that slip out you're off my good list. Passions is the most maddeningly insipid soap out there. But until I see Gwen and Rebecca get what's comin' to em I'm sticking with it! Today, I was watching today's episode (I have the DVR set up to record the show everyday so I can watch it when I get home) and Keith passed by. He made the fatal mistake of asking me if little Jane was Ethan's baby by Gwen and I had to tell him the story of how Theresa hit the surrogate in the head and hid her in a closet and took her place in the operating room and got inseminated with Ethan's fishies and Gwen's eggs but eventually she found out she was pregnant with twins and one of them was hers and the other one was Gwen's! GASP!!! Keith pretty much turned green and that's when I remembered, "Ah yes!!! I must share the recipe for a Martimmy!" Martimmy was the name of a drink that was created by the talking human doll named Timmy the witch Tabitha owned. It just goes to show you that a well shaken martimmy actually makes sense when you consider all the other shaken up things on that show. Can't wait for tomorrow's episode! Enjoy!
- 3 (12 ounce) cans frozen lemonade, thawed
- 1 (2 liter) bottle ginger ale
- 1 cup frozen orange juice, thawed
- 1 quart cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 orange, thinly sliced into 12 pieces
- 1 1⁄2 ounces rum (If you want to "kick it up a notch....BAM" add one shot of rum or tequila to your glass before pouri) or 1 1⁄2 ounces tequila (If you want to "kick it up a notch....BAM" add one shot of rum or tequila to your glass before pouri)
- Combine liquid ingredients together, mix well. Serve chilled with a slice of orange.
- *****Personal note: Sadly, Joshua Ryan Evans who played Timmy passed away on August 5, 2002. In a strange twist of art imitating life, the character Timmy was to give the character Charity a heart transplant. Joshua died on the same day the episode aired due to complications with his heart during routine testing. Joshua suffered from achondroplasia, a genetic condition that restricts cartilage growth and physical development. He was only 3'2" tall although he was already 17 years old when he started on the show, hence his role as a doll. All said of him that what he lacked in stature he made up for in heart. He was 20 years old. Other film credits included "Ally McBeal", "7th Heaven", "Baby Geniuses" and "How the Grinch Stole Christmas." *****.
Per Chef Adrienne, DO NOT dilute the frozen juice concentrate. "I have made this punch many times and have never diluted the concentrates. The punch is made to be sweet (after all it was for a soap opera human doll child ). There is more than enough ginger ale (a full 2 liter bottle) as well as cranberry juice cocktail (a quart) to handle it all. And after a few generous shots of rum (my preference) you may not care anyway!"