Recipe by L DJ
A frozen dessert rich nutty and filled with dates and marachino cherries.My bestfriend and I would whip this up for our boyfriends some 30 years ago. The Whipped cream at serving time is a nice festive touch, but the boys just would slice off a piece and gobble it down with a glass of milk.
- 45 graham crackers
- 24 marshmallows, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped dates
- 3 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 10 ounces maraschino cherries, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll graham crackers to fine crumbs.
- Combine marshmallows, dates, nuts and cherries Mix thoroughly with 2 3/4 cups cracker crumbs.
- Add cream (not whipped); mix thoroughly.
- • Shape into roll (about 3 1/2-inches in diameter); roll in remaining crumbs.
- Wrap well in wax paper.
- Chill several hours in refrigerator.
- (over night is best) • Cut in 3/4-inch slices.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Yield: 12 servings.