Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick and easy dish to serve with your favorite meat.
- 1 lb baby carrots, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- In a 10 inch frying pan over high heat, add water and carrots.
- Cover and bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-high heat.
- Cook carrots for about 8 minutes or when fork tender.
- Don't forget to stir during cooking.
- Drain carrots.
- Return carrots to pan over high heat.
- Add butter, orange marmalade, ginger, and nutmeg.
- Stir often until marmalade mixture clings to carrots, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and add salt and pepper to taste.
These carrots were very good. The ingredients didn't include the water, so I used about 3/4 cup to cook the carrots. I reduced the ginger to 1/2 tsp. and added an extra tbs of butter. The end result was delicious! Thank you Audrey M for sharing your recipe!
My family loves carrots and this is another delicious way to prepare them. I used chicken broth to simmer the carrots instead of water.
Very, very good for carrots. I'm not a huge fan of carrots but my DH likes them so I try to find new and interesting ways to prepare. I really liked the sweet orange flavor the marmalade gives these. Will make again.