Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this recipe in a magazine years ago. It is moist and absolutely delicious.
- 2 cups unbleached flour (do not sift)
- 2 cups raw sugar (or plain)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package soft cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lb powdered sugar, sifted
- Mix together the first six (6) ingredients.
- Add oil& eggs& mix well.
- Fold in the carrots, pineapple and pecans.
- Pour into greased and floured 9x13x2" pan.
- Bake@ 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until cake pulls slightly away from the edge of pan.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove cake from pan.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Beat together the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar.
- Beat until smooth.
- Spread top of one layer with 1/2 of cheesemixture.
- Place second layer on top and spread with frosting.
I have been making the "Marla Gibbs Carrot Cake" recipe for years. It is by far the best carrot cake that I have ever made. Folks that do not care for carrot cake have changed thier minds due to this wonderful confection. There are always requests for repeat performances. An excellent recipe from an elegant lady. 'Marla Gibbs Carrot Cake for years now. It is by far the best carrot cake I hve ever made, and is always one of my most requested deserts. An excellent recipe from an elegant lady.
Best! what can I say YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GREAT
This is a real filling cake. I've made it on several occasions and it's always a hit!!