Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs 20 mins
Everything in here but the sink --
- 2 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons rye flour
- 1⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2⁄3 cup mixed seeds (or grains such as steel cut oats, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, millet, flax and poppy seeds)
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 3 tablespoons malted barley syrup
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Comibine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix, then kneed about 10 minutes if by hand until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place dough in lightly greased bowl, cover and let rise about 1 hour.
- Turn dough onto an oiled surface. Shape. Place in lightly greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch pan. Let rise in pan about 1 1/4 hours.
- Bake bread in preheated 350 degree oven, 40 to 45 minutes, until bread reaches 190 internal temperature.
- Let cook on wire rack.