Recipe by mommycook
This is an irresistible combination of summery, spicy, tangy and creamy flavors that compliments picnics perfectly. If you are not a blue cheese fan, you can easily substitute feta, queso blanco or any other crumbly cheese.
- 3 large ripe tomatoes
- 2 ripe avocados
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tomatoes into bite sized wedges. Cut avocado in half, scoop out the flesh and cut into bite size chunks. Place tomato and avocado in a serving bowl.
- Whisk together olive oil, lime juice, garlic, jalapeno, and pepper. Pour over tomatoes and avocados and gently toss to coat. Let marinate for 1/2 hour or so. When ready to serve, sprinkle crumbled cheese over top.