Prep 8 hrs
Cook 10 mins
The secret to a perfect tuna steak is to cook it as you would a rare or medium-rare steak, overcooking will produce a tough dry fish, the center needs to be pink -- plan ahead the steaks need to marinade for 8-24 hours, prep time includes refrigeration time --- I have made this in the past many times it is *very* good!
- 3 (4 ounce) fresh tuna steaks
- ground black pepper (to taste) or lemon pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced (can use less if desired)
- In a bowl combine all marinade ingredients until well blended.
- Place the tuna steaks into a shallow glass dish (I use an 11 x 7-inch baking pan for this).
- Pour the marinade over the tuna steaks and turn to coat.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate 8-24 hours (turning a couple of times during chilling).
- Preheat the grill to HIGH heat.
- Oil the grill grate.
- Remove the steaks from marinade (discard any marinade) and place on a plate.
- Season lightly with freshly ground black pepper on both sides.
- Grill the steaks for 5 minutes per side or until rare or medium-rare (DO NOT overcook the tuna or it will be dry!).
Made this tonight and it was delicious!! All of Kittencal's recipes are right on the money!
Very good, even though I didn't get to marinate it for 8 hrs, still delicious!
Again, another fantastic recipe from my favorite chef, Kittencal!! I made this exactly as posted and it turned out PERFECT! The combination of flavors in the marinate is prefect. I grilled the steaks leaving some pink inside and they were moist and soooooooo tasty. I served them with an oriental salad and the two dishes complimented each other perfectly. Thank you for sharing Kittencal. I always know if it has your name on it, it will be delicious.