1/1 Photo of Marinated Grilled Tuna Steak
8 hrs 10 mins
The secret to a perfect tuna steak is to cook it as you would a rare or medium-rare steak, overcooking will produce a tough dry fish, the center needs to be pink -- plan ahead the steaks need to marinade for 8-24 hours, prep time includes refrigeration time --- I have made this in the past many times it is *very* good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl combine all marinade ingredients until well blended.
- 2Place the tuna steaks into a shallow glass dish (I use an 11 x 7-inch baking pan for this).
- 3Pour the marinade over the tuna steaks and turn to coat.
- 4Cover with plastic wrap.
- 5Refrigerate 8-24 hours (turning a couple of times during chilling).
- 6Preheat the grill to HIGH heat.
- 7Oil the grill grate.
- 8Remove the steaks from marinade (discard any marinade) and place on a plate.
- 9Season lightly with freshly ground black pepper on both sides.
- 10Grill the steaks for 5 minutes per side or until rare or medium-rare (DO NOT overcook the tuna or it will be dry!).
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Grilled Tuna Steak
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.7
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 32.4 mg
- Sodium 630.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 21.1 g