Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 2 cups young green string beans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 6 ounces reduced-fat monterey jack cheese, diced (1 1/2 cups)
- Remove the ends of strings from the beans.
- Steam them just until crispy-tender, and then place them under cold running water to stop the cooking.
- Drain thoroughly and set aside.
- Combine the dry mustard with 1 tablespoon of the vinegar and stir until completely dissolved.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except the cooked beans, onion and cheese, and mix well.
- Combine the beans, onion and cheese in a nonaluminum bowl and pour the marinade over them.
- Mix well, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.