120 hrs 15 mins
John 11-44's Note:
I bought some marinated garlic recently and used it in some recipes... At first my wife was worried about the hole cloves of garlic in the dish but when she tried it she was hooked. I have since used it in several dishes replacing the garlic listed. I looked for some recipes here and didn't have any luck so I looked elsewhere and found this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blanch the whole cloves of garlic in boiling water for 5 minutes; remove, and plunge into cold water. Drain and dry off the garlic.
- 2Mix the remaining ingredients (except the fresh oregano sprigs) in a blender until emulsified. If using dried oregano toss it in with the oil and vinegar.
- 3Put the cloves in a jar and cover with the marinade, tuck the sprigs of oregano into the jar. Cover and allow it to marinate for at least 5 days in the refrigerator. Serve as is for a snack or side dish or add to a green salad.
- 4Don't be surprised if a couple of people polish off the whole batch in one sitting! I had tried several other marinated garlic recipes before this one and was not happy with the results. This one is perfect!
- 5*NOTE: You can double the garlic cloves and will still have enough dressing to cover. The marinade makes a fantastic salad dressing after you use up the garlic.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 36.7
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: