Recipe by hellokitty
A great party pleaser, a holiday gift, a house-warming present. The possibilities are endless.
Top Review by nicolerenee21
I made this as a gift. I put it in a nice decorative glass jar, and it looked beautiful! Make sure it has time to sit for at least a day to give the flavors time to soak in.
- 7 ounces dry monterey jack cheese, rind removed and sliced lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick wedges. (Vella is good for this)
- 6 fresh sage leaves
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- 1 1⁄2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon pink peppercorns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 medium garlic clove, peeled
- 1 1⁄2 cups extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer the cheese, sage, basil and rosemary in a decorative jar.
- Add the peppercorns and garlic and pour the oil over the top until the cheese is completely covered.
- Cover and refrigerate up to one week until ready to serve.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.