Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This a great dish to serve to guests. This looks delicious and is.
- 4 Cornish hens
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 dash ginger
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- Remove bags with liver and necks from hens, wash hens well pat dry.
- Rub hens with oil.
- Prepare marinade, place hens in either glass bowl or 2 plastic bags,pour marinade over hens.
- Let hens marinate overnight in refrigerator turning hens or bags over occasionally.
- Next day remove hens from marinade and place onto a roasting rack.
- Roast hens at 400 F for 50 to 60 minutes, turning once during cooking time and baisting with matinade occasionally.
- Check for doneness by piercing with a fork,
- hens should be fork tender and juices should run clear.
- Can serve whole hens or cut hebs in half lenghtwise to double.