Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this from Dr. Andrew Weil's book "Eight Weeks to Optimal Health". Posted for safekeeping. I have not tried it yet. This is enough to marinate 1 pound of vegetables.
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml dry vermouth
- 14.79 ml light brown sugar
- 2 large garlic cloves, mashed
- hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Combine all ingredients.
- Pour over vegetables (or whatever you are marinating).
- Marinate the vegetables for at least 15 minutes, then drain well and thread on skewers.
- Grill, turning the skewers to acheive even cooking. Serve with rice.
- (Vegetables that he recommended were onions, mushrooms, red and green peppers, carrots, sweet potatoes or eggplant.).
Made this last night to go with our dinner of Stuffed Peppers#363928 and oh so yummy! Like Hadice I roasted the vegies which were red potatoes, carrots, onion and zucchini. Definately a keeper and one I will use again...next time I will try it on the grill. Thank you for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2013.
Made this with great success as a side for dinner tonight. I don't keep dry vermouth on hand, so I used a recommended substitute of red wine vinegar and white vinegar. Obviously not the same effect, but the results were still delicious! I roasted mine instead of grilling, and that method worked well. I chose red potatoes and carrots. They came out tender and surprisingly sweet. Great recipe!
This is one of those recipes with endless possibilities. We tried carrots and snow peas. My DH kept trying them when he cooked them in our veggie pan for the grill. Needles to say he ate his portion when grilling. Can't wait to try sweat potatoes in our next batch. Thanks for posting this recipe for all to try.