Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great yoghurt marinade that is great for lamb steaks and won't cause them to dry out.
- 250 g Greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons dried mint
- 2 tablespoons green peppercorns, lightly crushed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Mix all ingredients in a freezer bag(s) and add the lamb to coat.
- Marinade in the fridge overnight.
- Bring lamb to room temperature and grill or broil until done to your liking.
- Serve with couscous flavoured with chopped scallions and chopped fresh mint.
boy was this tasty! i used lamb chops, since the steaks aren't readily available in my area. i halved the recipe, and the chops marinated for several days. cooked it using a grill pan, but i think it would taste even better on the bbq... we just bought one and need to assemble it, or i would have plunked these on the bbq. the green peppercorns add just a bit of tang to this and complement the other flavors very well. next time i think i might alter the proportions a bit and use a bit less yogurt and a bit more of the garlic and peppercorns. yum!