Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
My husband LOVES this apple bread, which is his mother's recipe.
- 6 apples, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Toss apple slices with 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- In a small bowl, beat together eggs, oil, orange juice, and vanilla extract.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry until just combined, then fold in apple slices.
- Grease two 8" loaf pans, pour batter in, and bake at 350 for 1 hour. If bread is not fully cooked after 1 hour, turn oven down to 325 and continue baking for up to 20 minutes.