Recipe by Culinary School Dropout
A great dish to make with your Daughter (or Son). Cheesy and delicious. Put and end to powdered cheese.
- 8 ounces shell macaroni
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, grated, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bring lightly salted water and vegetable oil to a boil in a large sauce pan.
- Add macaroni, stirring frequently.
- Cook macaroni until slightly less than done (Al Dente).
- Drain well.
- While macaroni is cooking, over low heat, melt 3 cups cheese, butter and milk in medium sauce pan, stirring constantly; be careful not to scorch.
- Mix dash of salt and pepper with flour and whisk into melted cheese sauce.
- Once sauce is creamy, combine with macaroni in large mixing bowl.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake until cheese is bubbly and just starting to brown on top.