Prep 4 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my Mother's recipe for dumplings. She would make this with beef stew and for chicken and dumplings.
- Make sure that the stew you are putting these in is boiling.
- Put all the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Using two knifes or a pastry blender cut in the shortening until about the size of coarse peas.
- Add milk.
- Drop by rounded spoonful into the cooking liquid.
- Cover TIGHTLY. Cook 10-12 minutes.
I had lost my Great Grandmother's recipe but you have given it back to me! Many Thanks.