Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe is sure to please and impress, especially the important person in your life. My sister Marci swears by it.
- 4 pork loin chops
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup ginger ale
- 1⁄4 cup gingerroot, fresh minced
- 1⁄4 cup candied ginger, slivered crystallized
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup raisins, Golden Seedless
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream, Heavy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Buy Chops 1" thick.
- Coarsely chop the walnuts.
- Sprinkle ground ginger all over the pork chops.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet, and brown the chops over medium-high heat, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the chops to an oven-proof baking dish.
- Add the ginger ale, fresh ginger, and crystallized ginger to the skillet, and cook over high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour this over the chops, put it in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the walnuts and raisins over the chops and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Transfer the chops to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Add the cream to the baking pan and place it over high heat.
- Cook, scraping up the brown bits, until the sauce is reduced and thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Pour over the chops and serve immediately.
- NOTE: Since the crystallized ginger is rather expensive, look for it in an Asian food store, where it should be less than a supermarket.