Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love do ahead dishes that you just pop into the oven - This is very tasty with that Turkey or othe poutry & pork
- Cook the squash (in water) until tender (apprx 25 minutes), drain.
- Puree in a food processor until smooth.
- Blend in the butter, maple syrup, salt, pepper& nutmeg.
- Spoon into a shallow lightly greased baking dish (8 cup size) serve immediately or You may now refrigerate the casserol covered for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 2 weeks If you freeze the caaserole thaw in the fridge for 3 days before planning to serve it.
- Bake in 400F oven for 25 minutes Decorate with nuts and bake a further 10 minutes.