Very special breakfast bread (good anytime!) Makes a very classy French Toast.
Make and share this Maple Walnut Sourdough Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon maple extract
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon yeast (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- Place ingredients in bread machine pan according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Yeast is optional if baking in conventional oven.
- Select basic white cycle, or dough cycle if you prefer to bake in the oven.
- At end of dough cycle, shape into loaf and place in lightly greased bread pan.
- Cover and let rise until about doubled.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Turn out of pan onto wire rack to cool.
- Brush crust with melted butter if desired, for a soft crust.
- NOTE: To toast walnuts, spread on a shallow baking pan and place in a 350 degree F oven for about 10 minutes.