1/2 Photos of Maple Walnut Sourdough Bread
3 hrs 40 mins
Donna M.'s Note:
Very special breakfast bread (good anytime!) Makes a very classy French Toast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon maple extract
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon yeast (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1Place ingredients in bread machine pan according to manufacturer's instructions.
- 2Yeast is optional if baking in conventional oven.
- 3Select basic white cycle, or dough cycle if you prefer to bake in the oven.
- 4At end of dough cycle, shape into loaf and place in lightly greased bread pan.
- 5Cover and let rise until about doubled.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 7Turn out of pan onto wire rack to cool.
- 8Brush crust with melted butter if desired, for a soft crust.
- 9NOTE: To toast walnuts, spread on a shallow baking pan and place in a 350 degree F oven for about 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Sourdough Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sourdough Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Walnut Sourdough Bread
Serving Size: 1 (664 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2034.4
- Calories from Fat 526
- Total Fat 58.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 242.0 mg
- Sodium 1909.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 323.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.9 g
- Sugars 27.4 g
- Protein 54.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: