Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My father has been putting this on his pancakes, waffles, and French toast since my parents got married almost 32 years ago! (Mom always had ways of spoiling us!)...Thanks to Dad, now all the men in our family (brothers, in laws, and husbands) do the same! Mom has made this with all kinds of nuts, but walnut is Dad's favorite. Give it a try;)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, toasted (use 3/4 cup if you like more texture and crunch)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place the walnuts in the workbowl of a food processor; cover and process until the nuts are ground and begin to form a paste.
- Add the butter, maple syrup, and cinnamon; cover and process until smooth and well blended, stopping the motor and scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice.
- Store the butter in a covered container in the refrigerator; bring to room temperature before serving.
- This will keep for at least 1 week.
My 8 year old Grandson and I made this and it was wonderful. So far we have just had it on toast, but can't wait to spread it across a waffle.