Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a wonderful sauce to pour over a fruit compote or crepes. We have also used it as a condiment for ham steaks and pork chops.
- 2 2⁄3 cups maple sugar, ground
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut up
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- In a saucepan, cook maple sugar over low heat, stirring constantly until it turns into a clear syrup.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in butter until blended.
- Stir in lemon juice and salt.
- Serve with anything you like!
Oh, BOY!!! Sunday brunch is going to fabulous with this sauce over our pancakes! :yummy: This is delicious. Made for Zingo, ZWT4.