Recipe by internetnut
I found this recipe in Good Housekeeping magazine. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting this for safe keeping. I plan to use sugar free maple syrup and probably less salt.
- 2 lbs butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pinch ground red pepper (cayenne)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425. Line 15 1/2" x 10 1/2" jelly roll pan with foil. Place squash in pan; drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and toss to combine. Roast squash 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 1 cup liquid measuring cup, stir maple syrup with spices.
- Toss squash with maple syrup mixture. Roast 15-20 minutes longer or until fork tender. Spoon squash, along with any pan juices, into serving dish.