Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This scrumptious vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, egg-free smoothie really does taste like a delectable “maple pecan pie in a glass”. Those of you with nut allergies – my profound apologies. There is just no nutty equivalent! In the spirit of replicating my perfect bite of pecan pie I only used 2 tablespoons of maple syrup to keep the sugar content down. I found this was just enough to bring out the natural sweetness in the bananas and take the edge off the pecans. But feel free to sweeten the deal. The pecan milk adds that hint of a nutty pastry flavor, and the cinnamon and vanilla perfect the blend. This smoothie does every creamy bite of mum’s pecan pie justice, and hits the “B spot” on days you are not inclined to bake. This smoothie is absolutely scrumptious. It is like a refreshing Summer chilled dessert in a glass. This is rich! But, I don’t think I will be needing to eat humble pie. YUMMO!
- 1 cup raw pecans (soaked for 2 hours)
- 2 cups filtered water
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons natural vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch celtic sea salt
- Throw all the ingredients in your blender and puree until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into two 8 ounce glasses and be grateful you didn’t have to bake. YUM!