Recipe by Terri F.
One of my favorite desserts, doesn't last long at my house. If you like pecan pie, you are sure to like this!
Top Review by Mysterygirl
Because I am diabetic, I made this with Sugar Twin's brown "sugar" and Log Cabin's Maple flavored syrup made with Splenda. It turned out wonderful. These won't last long in my house. I can only imagine how the must taste with the "real" stuff. Whether you make it exactly according to the recipe or make it sugar free, you should try this one. It's WONDERFUL! Thanks for posting.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed firmly
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 dash salt
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Stir together 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup melted butter, and 1/4 cup brown sugar until mixed well.
- Pour into 8-inch square baking pan and press onto the bottom with fingers.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then remove and set aside.
- Turn oven up to 400°F degrees.
- Combine maple syrup and 2/3 cup brown sugar in saucepan, bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cool to lukewarm and stir in butter until melted.
- Stir in eggs.
- Stir in pecans, vanilla, and flour until mixed well.
- Pour mixture over partially baked crust.
- Bake at 400°F for 5 minutes, then reduce heat to 350°F and continue baking another 20 minutes until the top bubbles.
- Let cool.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.