Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A perfect appetizer for a small group. Oh so good for a special occasion or if you just want to pamper your partner.
- 1⁄2 small tart apple, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped toasted pecans or 1 tablespoon walnuts
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (other syrup or honey works well)
- 4 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (4 inch) brie round
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix apple and pecans in bowl.
- Stir in maple syrup.
- Set aside.
- Brush 1 phyllo sheet lightly with melted butter.
- Top with remaining 3 phyllo sheets, brushing each layer with butter.
- Cut 10 inch circle from stack.
- Cut cheese wheel in half horizontally.
- Place 1 cheese half in centre of phyllo stack; top with half of the apple mixture. Top with second cheese half and remaining apple-nut mixture.
- Wrap phyllo around cheese, folding phyllo as needed to completely enclose cheese.
- Brush with remaining butter.
- Place on baking sheet or pie plate.
- Bake 15 min or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with crackers or apple slices.
5 stars even though we messed up. :( The flavor is awesome. But we decided to us a triangle shaped brie. Well , when it started to leak through we realized that the round had a brine covering the whole brie. Don't make that mistake. Otherwise this was excellent. We enjoyed the smoothness of the cheese with the crisp outer crust of the dough. The apple and pecan mixture just added a nice touch of sweetness to the overall dish. Thanks for posting. :)
I had company over and made this for us to munch on while watching movies. It was really good. I loved how the cheese melted and the apples softened. Such a nice blend of flavors going on there. There was the added pleasure of the nuts that I loved too. I served this with whole wheat Ritz crackers and wheat thins. Very tasty!!! I will be keeping this in mind for when I have to bring something to an event. Thank you for sharing it with us Annacia! Linda